December 23, 2006

It's Christmas Eve Eve


I can't believe tomorrow is Christmas Eve. I love Christmas and all, but I feel more stressed out this Christmas than I normally do. Perhaps it has to do with the family. I love them and all but I can only take them in small, infrequent doses. Plus, I always feel so broke this time of year. Having 4 kids is expensive, especially at Christmas time. Maybe this is why so many people get drunk on New Year's...they're washing away their Christmas time blues. I also dread the taking down of the lights and tree. Ugh!
Anyway...
I finally finished my book Outlander. When I wrote the post about the book I was only 500 pages in. (See Outlander post). It was so good I can't even say, but there are some things about the book I forgot to mention such as....the violence. This book is extremely violent in some parts and I'm not typically squeamish, but DANG! What Black Jack Randall does to Jamie toward the end of the book is horrifying and it was really hard to read. I had to set the book down a couple of times to regain my composure. Also there was a lot of sex in the book , some of it violent and also hard to read. You have to read it to know what I'm talking about, but it's terrible too. THat kind of thing happened a lot in the 1700's though and that is what you have to keep in mind while reading. Glad I didn't grow up them. Ha!

Well, I just wanted to say Merry Christmas to all and I hope everyone gets what they want from Santa.

Peace out!

0 comments: