March 9, 2008

The Results Are In...

I woke up this morning knowing that the results would be posted on the pearson vue website. It still said "the results aren't ready". So I sat with myself in my quiet sleepy house and had a talk with God and told him that whatever will happen will happen and that I'm leaving it in his hands now. I also knew that by the time I was finished with my prayer the results would be ready and sure enough it read.."the results are in" so I went to grab my debit card and made the slow, knee knocking trek back to my computer. I typed in all the information, crying like a baby the whole time, prepared for the word "fail" and clicked the next button with my eyes covered. When I opened them all I could read was the word... "PASS"! I jumped out of my seat, ran to my husband, woke him up crying that I had passed. What a feeling. I am still in shock. God is good!

I PASSED....I'm officially an RN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Nursapalooza said...

okay, i know i don't know you, but whoooooo hoo! I am so dang happy for you. You had me so scared.... well you know, because all of us student nurses live through each other, right? I am really happy for you, oh dang I already said that. Anyhoo, what kind of nursing do you want to go into, Miss RN!!

Christy said...

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well, as of right now I'm a Med-Surg Nurse...I'll probably lean more towards a specialty later once I get more expereince.

Aimee said...

Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so happy for you, Christy!!!!
That must feel so good.

I am in my 5th week of school now and am starting to calm down a little. I was in a daze for the last 4 weeks wondering what the heck I was doing there. I think I'm starting to get it together now. It's hard to juggle everything. My house is a mess!!
I have my 2nd test tomorrow so I better go study.

Congrats again!!

pedsRN said...

Hi, I have noticed your blogging on the allnurses forum. I am in the SAME boat as you but in Florida. I took my test Friday like you and got 251 questions and cried after. I kept checking the BON to see my license number and NEVER did =( After visiting the allnurses site, I noticed you took the test too on Friday and saw Sunday you got the results by pearson so I knew mine were in too! I passed as well with a lot of questions and almost 6 hours! I noticed you said your license number had not shown up on your BON by Sunday 9:30. I am in FL now and it is 10:50 and my number has not popped up either. So, don't worry, you are not alone. WE PASSED!!! lol I just wanted to let you know that I was touched by your story and feel your pain. I posted my long journey story on allnurses just now and hope it helps someone. If you need someone to talk to or what not feel free to email me at tkry@aol.com. I will let you know when my license posts! I am going to be applying for jobs tomorrow in pediatrics=) I wish you luck and congrats!

CathRN said...

yay! Christy super congrats! I am so happy for you. I loved your post about the Nclx, I was so very nervous along with you and sick to my stomach! Glad to hear you passed even after the 200 questions I will feel much better now after reading that if it happens to me!

Good luck with your future your going to be a fantastic RN!!

Catherine

Robert said...

You're so awesome!!!!