May 30, 2009

I'm Drained

Work went really well and ran pretty smoothly today. Maybe it was karmic payback for the insanity that was last week. ;) First of all...they wanted me in Peds, but to work the med-surg overflow. When I arrived at 3, I had one patient. One. Why they had me come to work for that I will never ever know. He was young and a drug seeker and NO I am not judging, it is what it is. His drug screen came back negative, even though he was given multiple doses of dilaudid and several lortabs hours before. (He complained of severe abdominal pain). He went outside to smoke a lot (even if he said his pain was a 10). Someone provided some piss, it's not a mystery. Sigh. Anyway.....I felt bad for them. His teeth were rotten and it was clear he had a drug problem. The family were very verbal about it. I felt sorry for them, and him. I wanted to hug him and slap him at the same time. Whatever....lessons are always learned the hard way dontcha know?

After he was discharged I was pulled to Neuro to work as a tech for 4 hours. It was eazy peezy. Vital signs, I's and O's. I was glad I didn't have to use my brain tonight because it was somewhere else anyway (read further). It was the easiest money I ever made. It just goes to show that once you're down there's no where to go but up.

Aidan was to have his routine chemo and lumbar puncture today, but the anesthesiologist detected and irregular rhythm and his heart rate was in the 50's. Of course I was at home, gearing to go to work, so I couldn't be there. Story of my life! Anyhow...EKG was clear, Echo was clear and he's wearing a halter monitor for 24 hours. I hope and pray it's nothing. My poor baby. There is nothing worse than a mother or father worrying about their child and watching them suffer. I'll never understand why my baby has to go through all of this. I'll update on the findings.

Peace & Love to all.

1 comments:

Gone Fishin' said...

(((((((((((((((((Christy and Aidan))))))))))))))