September 25, 2006

I love Grey's

Wow..it's been a while since I've posted last and a lot has happened since then. Let's see....well I had my 2nd exam over the respiratory system. It was the hardest test I've ever taken in my entire life! No joke. There were several people who didn't pass, luckily I wasn't one of them. I did pass (I'm still in shock), I got 42 questions right out of 50 so I believe I got an 84%, which is a B. Funny thing about the test is, I really felt that I was guessing at most of the answers because there were only a handful of questions I was sure I got right. I would narrow it down to the 2 I knew could be right and most of the time I felt like I was guessing. Sigh! Let me also say that the teacher was taught this material wasn't the best at explaining things so there was a lot of detective work on the student's part. The questions were worded so strange and the answers were a little ambigous. (Just my opinion). I know that nursing questions are tough and are worded differently than regular test questions, but c'mon...these questions were designed for you to dig as deep as you can in your already tired brain and work it all out. I dread the next time she teaches...I'll definately be recording all her lectures from now on. BUT...it's over and I've never been more glad to move onto other material. Bring on the cardio! :-/

There were some terrible storms that came through here last Friday night. The sirens went of 6 times (we were counting) and that never happens. I live across the street from a park and a couple of big trees were uprooted and knocked some power lines down. Of course our power went out and didn't come back on until late Saturday. Lovely. We take so much for granted. Running water, electricity.....TV! You never realize how much you depend on television and the internet to entertain you until you don't have it anymore. How do we live without these things and when did we come to depend on them so much? What did we do before we had the internet? How did we communicate or shop or find out all the good gossip? How did we find out what that itchy, scratchy rash was before we had the luxury to just ask Jeeves? I'm kidding about the rash ;-), but really. I couldn't live in the 'old' days....I wouldn't have survived. I don't even like it in the country and I grew up there with chickens, cows and horses. I think our lives are too complicated nowadays and we don't spend enough quality time with our families. In fact I know I don't because most of my "free time", as if there is such a thing, is spent on school stuff. Maybe this week I'll stay away from the tv and spend more time with my kiddos. I've already seen this week's episode of Grey's Anatomy anyway...ha ha ha.

Yes, that's right..I saw episode 2 of Grey's. I won't say how, but I did. It was really good and here is what happened...
Just kidding...I won't spoil it for you. You'll just have to wait and see for yourself who Merideth picks and I'll give you a hint....it's unexpected. Sit on that thought for a while.
So I watched the season opener and I have to say...I wasn't impressed. Just my honest opinion. I mean, it wasn't terrible or bad or anything, just unexpected. Maybe there was too much hype surrounding it. I hope they don't go and try to change the show just because it's sky rocketed in popularity. The reason it's so popular is because of the way it was...funny, dramatic & character driven. I just love that show...it's my new Sex and the City, which I miss :( . So please don't change it...keep the drama coming!!! Until next time............

0 comments: