December 10, 2007

4 More Days...



My friend Jill and I have been working really hard on making a slideshow/video for our pinning ceremony. It's finally finished and I think it's awesome. It's 13-14 minutes long, which isn't too bad. I think they can sit there through that when we've devoted 2 years of our time, don't you? Somehow I'd like to post it here for you all to watch, but it's such a big file...I don't know how to. Maybe my geeky technology efficient husband will know how. I will definately try. At first we were getting really emotional watching the video and putting it all together...now I'm kind of sick of it. lol Hopefully it still moves me come Friday night. I am envious of those who haven't seen it (rest of the class) because it is emotional, reminessant, nostaligic, funny and all that ooey gooey stuff that makes one cry and feel sad and happy at the same time. ha. I'm really proud of the work we did because compared to others I've seen I think it's very good, not that I'm tooting my own horn or anything.

We had our pinning rehearsal the other day and I admit, I got a little sad. It's deinately a bittersweet moment.... One that we've waited for for soo long. The time has gone by so fast, yet so slow. I remember the first day of class...everyone looked so anxious and scared and excited and scared, including me. It seemed like soo long ago. I am really going to miss my friends I've made at school and I hope that I get to keep in touch with them. 2 of them will be working with me and I'm very happy about that. It's comforting to know that you'll have other newbies along side you on a different journey. Funny enough, I think I'll kind of miss school too. As much as I complained about, I did make some of the best memories there. If you're just starting out...take photos, write in a journal, cherish every moment...the good and the bad. One day, you too will be graduating and feel this same way. It's funny how this whole blog has been devoted to my nursing school experience and come Friday it will all be over. I will continue to write as I start out as a new nurse...sounds strange... and share with you a lot of crazy moments I'm sure I'll have. I update about Aidan on his site regularly too...so check that out. He is doing well by the way. Everything is going great...so far, so good. :-) How do I manage to do all of these things? I guess by pure will....who knew I was so strong?

I have no idea what I'm going to wear Friday and haven't had the time to shop for something yet. I'm such a slacker. I'll definately post and tell you all about how the pinning went. Until then.....
Peace & Love

8 comments:

Aimee said...

Whew! I just finished reading your blog. I was supposed to be studying all day but got caught up reading and couldn't stop. I loved all that you had to say. I'll admit, it does have me second guessing myself ~ is nursing something I truly want to do? I can't wait to read about your life as a working nurse. Are the 12 hour shifts brutal? I know it's 3 days a week, but is it exhausting? I admit it ~ I am asking myself if I really want to do this...the idea is nice, but is the reality?
I also wanted to say I am so happy to hear that your son is in remission!!! I cannot imagine going through that. He's a brave little boy and so cute!!!

Christy said...

I'm sorry my blog may have frightened you. Don't let it. I use this blog as a place to rant most of the time, but I must say that I do think it will be worth it...definately. The 12 hour shifts are long, but you've very busy and so they go by fast. Normally, yes I am tired afterward because you work hard, but it's also very gratifying too. My advice is to try it and remember that until you get a handle on things you will feel incompetant at times. I still do, but when you "get" it and you do help someone, that is when you think to yourself..."oh yeah...that is why I wanted to do this." Going to nursing school was one of the best things I've ever done in my life. For one, I proved to myself that I could achieve something other than being a mother, not that that isn't enough, but mom's need to have dreams too. Also, I made some awesome, lifelong friends. I had a great time, but I cried too and each time I got stressed I pushed through it and came out on the other side. It really does boost your confidence. If it's something you want then you should go for it and not ever have to wonder "what if". Go with your instincts and don't let the fear cower your dreams and desires. If you want to know more you should visit www.allnurses.com. They have the best information and you can chat with a HUGE community of nursing students, nurses and the like. It was a big support system for me through school and everyone needs that. Dont let fear stop you from doing anything. I've lived my whole life second guessing myself and I can honestly say that this was the best decision I have ever made. Follow your heart, it will lead you in the right direction. Keep me posted...I'm here for you whenever you need me.
xoxoxo
Christy

Christy said...

Also...thanks you about Aidan...my boys really are my pride and joy. Without them I would be half of who I am today. :-)

Unknown said...

Christy - Enjoy your pinning and post some pictures!!!

Christy said...

Thank you Gina!

Aimee said...

Hi Christy,
I don't think it frightened me as much as gave me a huge reality check. :) I'm wondering if I want this bad enough. I think I do. I'm going to jump in with two feet and see how it goes. I can't tell you how much your replies have meant to me and I absolutely loved your blog (I've read many and yours is by far the best!!) I especially loved the story about the bat; I needed a good laugh and that did it. :) I was so sad when I got to the part about Aidan; it took all I had not to cry, but I am so happy tha the prognosis is good. I can't wait to read about your graduation and when your start work and abou the BIG test. Thanks again and take care!

Christy said...

Hi Aimee! I'm glad you're going to go for it. I was so scared too, but believe me it's so worth it. You will make some of the best friends ever and yes it's hard, but it will give you so much confidence and you'll learn so much. Thank you for all of your replies and keep reading as this is only the beginning. I'm hope you keep a journal about your experience. Let me know because I'd love to read it. Believe it or not I am getting so sad that this journey is over. Maybe once you start school (and write a blog?)I can relive it all over again....vicariously of course. I wish you all the best of luckl and please, please keep in touch! You can do it!
XOXOXOXOXO
Christy

Aimee said...

Thank you so much for the support, Christy! It means a lot. I'm so glad I stumbled upon your site. It's been so fun to read. I will definitely keep a blog once I start school. I won't know for awhile if I get to start in February or not since I'm an alternate. I'm looking forward to it though and ready to put in all the hard work. Keep writing ~ you are good at it! And I'll be reading! Thanks again!
xoxo
aimee