December 6, 2007

One More Week




O-M-G I graduate in a week! Can you believe it? I may have to change the name of my blog. Tomorrow is the last class I will ever have as a college student, well unless I go back one day of course. (Shaking my head) A-Hem. Tomorrow we are going to class to talk about precepting and our experiences. Sometimes nursing school feels a lot like the shrinks office. They want us to talk all the time about our "thoughts and feelings." Honestly, I don't care...I just want to be done. I've seen their faces long enough and we've done waaaaay more than our fair share of work this semester. Is that bad of me? Oh well. We also are suppose to practice for our pinning ceremony tomorrow. I don't know what we'll need to do to practice other than walk on the stage, but whatever.

I'm getting so excited!!!!!!!!! I can't wait until I get pinned. I'll have someone tape a video and take photos and post them here as soon as I can. I hope I don't trip and fall. Oy..that would suck so bad. If you knew me, then you'd know I'd be the one to trip of all my classmates. I'm so clumsy, especially when I'm nervous and for some reason I'm a little nervous about next Friday. Me and another couple of friends are making a slideshow video for our pinning ceremony. I hope it turns out well, we haven't started it yet. Oops!

I finished precepting last Friday and have spent the week doing nothing but relaxing and enjoying time with my kids. It's been nice, but I'm afriad it won't last long. I start my hospital orientation on the 17th...right after graduation. :-( I should have put it off a little longer, but it's too late to turn back now. A piece of advice...I know once you finish school you're anxious to get started on your new career, however....give yourself a little break. You've just finished one of the most difficult programs ever and to relax a little is not a sin. I wish I had thought of this earlier. I'd love to start after the New Year instead...ah well.

Hope you all are staying warm....it's cold outside! Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

COngratulations Christy - I can't image how you feel but I'll sure let you know in August - Enjoy

Aimee said...

Hi Christy, I just came across your blog and can't wait to sit down and read it. I went to my nursing orientation yesterday and am freaking out!!! Honestly, I am second guessing myself now. They made the program sound so hard, scary, and intensely crazy that I have lost all my excitement about starting the program. I was wondering if you also felt this way when you first started. Has it really been as difficult as they make it sound? You even have 4 boys to take care of! I have two boys ages 7 and 10. I would love any advice/comments! Thank you! Aimee

Christy said...

Hi Aimee and thank you for your comment. I felt exactly the way you felt at first. I remember waiting and waiting on my acceptance letter and as soon as I read it I felt sick and thought...what did I do? The thing is...it is hard, but doable. There are a lot of posts throughout the blog that talk about my advice and tips that I found useful throughout school, but the best advice I can give is to keep your eye on the prize, don't give up if it gets stressful because it's worth it at the end. Always find a way to make time for your friends and family. Let some of your housework go, as hard as that may be. The world won't crumble if your laundry is piling up, but it will feel that way if you fail test, so studying should take priority when you have the time. Don't let it become too overwhelming...take it one day and one assignment at a time. Nursing school isn't hard. It's time consuming, sometimes stressful, but it's a lot of fun too. Don't forget to enjoy yourself and give yourself a pat on the back...you got into nursing school!!!! My Motto: If I can do it...anyone can :-)

Feel free to write anytime. Good luck, congratulations and God bless.
Christy

Aimee said...

Thanks so much for writing back, Christy! I feel a bit relieved. Once I get this housework done today, I am going to indulge myself and read your blog. :)
I was just going over the paperwork and I can't understand why we need 7 books for one class! Do you really use them all? And congratulations on graduating soon! That is so exciting!

Christy said...

I used many of the books, but some I didn't use at all. Unless you really think you'll use it again sell them back. THanks for the congrats. I'm excited!!!!!