December 16, 2007

The Post I've Waited To Write For Over 2 Years

I have waited over 2 years to write this post. I did it. I FINALLY Graduated!!!!!!! My whole blog was about my journey through nursing school and it's now over. It has been the longest, toughest, most stressful and fun two years of my life. I have learned so much. Not just about nursing, but about myself and the icing on the cake is that I came away from this experience with some of the most awesome friends I've ever had.

Graduation day was really emotional for me. When I woke up on Friday I felt sick at my stomach and anxious. I didn't understand why I was so sad and then it dawned on me that I was going to miss my friends so much. We've been through a lot together and no matter how much I've complained about school, it does upset me that it's over...really over. The night was great. There were so mmany people there supporting me that I felt like I barely got a chance to say hello to everyone. Unfortunately, I didn't get many photos. That's what happens when I am not in charge of the camera. lol My husband did manage to get snippets of video of the actual ceremony, but other than that everything was too crazy for photo ops. The video/slideshow was a success and all of our classmates were thrilled about it. None of them had seen it so it was nice to see their reactions. It was a tear jerker for sure, but it had a lot of funny parts too, as you saw.

I'm glad it's over and it's time to move on, but it's definately bittersweet. There are no words to describe how I'm feeling, but I know one thing...I'm proud of myself and of my family for getting me through it. When my boys came up to me and said "I'm proud of you mom." It was the best words I could have ever wanted to hear. I can't thank them enough for putting up with me.



5 comments:

Unknown said...

This is kind of bittersweet for me since your blog was the first nursing student blog I came upon. Major Major congrats. I've been checking your blog to find out how it was. Keep us updated on your new job. Yaah!

Aimee said...

Congratulations to you!!! I'm so excited and happy for you. I love the pictures of you and your family ~ gorgeous. I'm looking forward to reading about your experiences as a new nurse. Merry Christmas!

Crystal said...

It is the strangest feeling isn't it? I'm still kinda reeling from all of it! I hope your transition to nursing goes smoothly. I'll be here reading! :)

Christy said...

Thank you Aimee! I'm excited about what's in store...I'm sure everyday will be something to write about. Ha ha! Keep me posted on yourself too! I'll be looking forward to reading your blog!

Christy said...

Hi Crystal...it is the strangest feeling. It's still not fully sunk in yet.