December 25, 2007

The Bestest Christmas Ever









Today was the best day ever. From the moment we woke up we've been having fun. For starters, we mysteriously got a Wii donated to us from Santa Claus...thank you Santa. We looked everywhere for one, but to no avail. One day my MIL called and said someone sent her one anonymously just for us. How sweet. Whoever you are...thank you soo much!!! One night after the kids went to bed, my husband and I opened it and played all the sports games and it was so much fun. (Especially the boxing!) BUT there is a downfall to the Wii...my arms hurt like crazy and it makes you sweat. The workout is unbeleiveable. Moral of the story... if you want your kids to get off their butts and excercise and have fun at the same time...buy them a Wii.


We also got my son the game Guitar Hero III, which is the best game ever invented and I have hijacked it from my child. I can play Smoke On The Water like nobody's business so watch out! There is a downside to playing this game, which I am the only one to have discovered it.....it makes me feel as though I'm tripping acid. It's not a good feeling. After so long of watching the screen, I looked at my nephew and his face looked like it was shrinking. I thought he was playing some kooky tricks with his eyebrows and I shook my head and let it go. Then....I noticed the couch and my socks also seemed to be coming to life...that wasn't a fun feeling. I asked everyone in a nonchalant way if they saw the walls breathing and the look I got definately told me NO. So, I did what any normal, non drug taking person would do, I googled it. http://www.digitpress.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-99379.html Seems like I'm not the only one with this problem. I started to wonder if this could cause seizures....now I'm all paranoid about playing. It's too bad too cause I really wanted to learn to play Barracuda...damn.


My poor, unfortunate, deprived little children have complained forever about wanting a new tv for our basement/playroom because they stated that theirs was way too small. I wanted to shed tears for them over this calamity, because a small tv is just torturous so my very sensitive, compassionate husband decided for Christmas they deserved a 42 inch flat screen...you know because it's so sad they have to squint and all. Their reaction was priceless. Needless to say, they have a nicer tv then we have in our family room. Sacrifices, sacrifices.

Skyler really wanted a digital camera and so we got him one, because once again they are the best and deserve the best (spoiled) and we just can't say no.


Aidan loves the Food Network which he so sweetly calls the Food Channel. He always loves to help me prepare meals, make kool-aid and the like and has dubbed himself as " the best cooker ever." So this year for Christmas he asked Santa for this:
Notice the boy on the box is holding a cell phone. He probably just walked in from a long day at his high powered job at the office and is expecting some good grub. Oh....and the cell phone was in fact included, because as you know, you can't have a kitchen without a cell. It's just unheard of. Not only does my child revere a career as a chef when he grows up but he also wants to be one at this place:

He loves his McDonalds play set, maybe a little too much, but who can deprive their child from good old imaginative play? He also got a Subway set, but it's not nearly as fun as the McDonald's one.

After a great day of family fun we took Aidan to the park to cruise around in his new ride. Yes, he rolled up onto the play ground like he owned the place and made all of the other kids jealous.






All in all, it was the most perfect day. God couldn't have given us a more wonderful Christmas. My life is so sweet! I hope that your Chrismtas was as awesome as mine.




Aidan's guardian angel:



<





















2 comments:

Aimee said...

I loved this post! It looks like you all had an amazing Christmas and well-deserved at that! Happy New Year!!!

Christy said...

I hope you had a good Christmas too! Happy New Year to you as well. :-)