November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

I worked last night. It was awful. Haven't had such a bad night in a very long time. So many new orders....mostly at shift change....pt's not doing well...calling docs...not really much help....sigh. I go back tonight....I dread it. However...I am very blessed and from this point forward I am going to focus on the positive today. SO I will say that I am thankful that atleast I have a job I can complain about.

My child is still in remission from cancer. When I think of being thankful that is the first thing I think of. I could cry with the joy of it. It is the greatest blessing of my life. My other boys are also healthy and doing well. I have a nice husband who has always encouraged me and supported me 100%. I have good friends and good paying job. I have my health and the ability to walk, talk, hear, sing, laugh, cry, smile and frown. I have so much in my life, despite a lot of hardships it could always be worse. Someone always has it worse....

I hope you have a wonderful day. I am off to sleep for a while before I go back to work. Hopefully tonight will be better.

2 comments:

Robert said...

You really do have so much to be thankful for. We all get down and I think you're taking a great attitude by focusing on the good.

Good luck tonight. My wife worked last night and this morning I could tell she worked a tough shift. So she's sleeping now, and I'm putting together a small Thanksgiving dinner for us.

I'm thankful for great nurses like you and my wife that are willing to work the tough shifts, weekends, holidays, nights. Many people really have no clue how special people like ya'll are...

Tiffany said...

Sleep well! Happy Thanksgiving!