September 14, 2007

My Tummy Hurts



Today was an icky day. I woke up with some horrible stomach pains and now I'm nauseated. Oi! I think I may be getting that dreaded stomach virus that seems to keep plaguing my family. I have had this virus 3 times in one year and let me say then everytime I get it, you'd think I had food poisoning. It's violent. I haven't been that sick since I was a small child. What is this virus and why won't it leave me and my family alone? Luckily Aidan is visiting with my mom, his grandmother for the weekend. I would hate it if I gave this to him. Sigh. I'll have to isolate myself in my room until I feel better. I should take the opportunity to catch up on some rest. I'm tired.

Thursday I was in the nursery for clinical. A lot happened and I'll have to tell you about it later...

I had a quiz today. I think I got 2 answers correct. I hate quizes and don't see the point when we have EXAMS! I guess I'm in a grumpy mood. I miss Aidan and although my mom is right, we need a break, I can't help but worry. After class I went for some shop therapy at our local Life Uniform store and bought some cute scrubs. All we wear for school is white, and since I'll be starting my precepting hours soon, I'll get to wear regular scrubs. FINALLY!! Did you know that Katherine Heigl from Grey's Anatomy is designing a new line of scrubs? I didn't either...interesting. Speaking of..I cannot wait for the new season (4) which starts in 2 weeks. Yay! I'm sure there will be much to talk about. Have you watched the season promos? Izzy asks George where in the hell he has been. I can't wait to see how that storyline will work itself out, considering he failed...poor George. I guess they added that in so he'll have to be around the new interns. Namely, Merideth's sister (whatever her name is) ha!

Aidan is doing good. Next week he goes for another lumbar puncture and bone marrow. Sigh. My poor baby. Luckily this is the last of those for a little while. I just hate all of this he has to go through. It's so hard watching your kids be sick and there is really nothing you can do about it. I wish there was a pill he could take and he'd be better...forever. Sometimes when I think about everything in depth I get really depressed. I try not to, but it can't be helped sometimes. I just want this nightmare to end. I want him to be well. I want our life to go back to normal, but we have a "new normal" now. We will adjust, just as he has. He is my strength.

I hope you all have a nice weekend.

0 comments: