October 20, 2007

Lunch anyone?


We had an F2 tornado pass through our neighborhood Thursday evening. It was pretty scary...our doors kept opening and slamming, the wind was howling like some wounded animal, and it's true what they say...it does sound like a train. Shiver. I don't want to go through that ever again. Thank God we came away unscathed. We had a tree down in our back yard and part of our fence was blown over, but we're all ok. Some of the neighbors had much worse damage to their homes, so no complaining here. Because of the storm we lost our power for a couple of days and it came back on last night, thankfully. You never know just how bored you can be until your power goes out. You can only stare at eachother for so long before you go mad. I decided to go to the bookstore to kill some time and picked up one huge ass novel to read. It's second in sales only to the Bible and I thought...why not. You may have heard of it..Gone With the Wind? Yea, that one. Why do I want to read this book, you ask. Because it was cited as the greatest American novel ever written...how can I pass by it and not pick it up? I should probably wait until after the final exam to start reading. Don't you think?

We had our graduation lunch yesterday. I was surprised that it was as nice as it was. It had an arabian them (random), but it was kinda beautiful actually. As I sat there I looked around at all of my classmates and got a little sad that this is one of the last times I'll be seeing them. Then I thought...I'm glad this is one of the last times I'll be seeing them because I'm tired of their faces. LOL Like I said before, it's bitter sweet. I get along with almost everyone in my class, others...always wanting to start trouble. Even at our luncheon...yapping about how they don't like one or the other. Get over it! It gets old. Can't we all just get along? So, for that, I will be glad to be gone and move onto other ventures. Some of them, I will miss so much. We have been through a lot together. It's sort of like breaking up with someone. You don't want to do it, but you know it's time to move on.

I went ahead applied for a registered nurse applicant job the other day. (I'm finally an "applicant"). The reason I already applied is because I won't start my 120 hour NCLEX required hours until after I have a hospital orientation, which they only do a couple of times a month. In other words...It may be after New Years before I'll have orientation. I'm nervous about it, it's getting way too real now. It didn't have an option for what area I want to work in, so I guess I'll get my options handed to me during the interview. Providing I get one, that is. I'm scared I'll pick a unit that I end up hating. That's my greatest concern, because as of right now, I still don't know what I want to do. Scary. I'll keep ya updated on the job hunt.

I have 6 more days of class until I don't have class ever again! What a nice thought that is. Next Friday is our 4th test and I really need to start studying this weekend. I'm really tired of studying and what I'd like to do more is to start reading that book, but alas, I have to be responsible. Ugh.

Here are some photos from our lunch:













0 comments: