January 24, 2008

Sleep Deprivation = Bitchy Woman

Happy 5th Birthday Aidan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Sorry I've not blogged a lot lately. I's a workin' woman now. Working the night shift really takes a lot out of you. It messes with your mind a lot. I hope that I get use to it because so far it kinda sucks. I like the job, I'm starting to kinda feel all nursey and stuff. Granted, I don't do much but watch, which I don't get cause I should be doing stuff and learning. I only have a few weeks until I'm on my own...what a scary thought. There are so many questions I still have that are unanswered, but I think some things just come with time.

Today was/is Aidan's b-day and because I'm so sleep deprived I'm not in much of a party mood, but I put on my smile for my baby. He had a nice day. We had dinner, opened presents and he played with his new toys. He's growing up so fast and it's bittersweet. No matter how big he gets, he will always be my baby boy. :-)

I did trach care last night all on my own, that was kinda cool. Most of the pt's on my floor have some kind of apparatus sticking out of them from somewhere. All things which are a little overwhelming to me. I hope that is something that will get easier with time as well.

Hopefully my family can get use to me working nights as well because so far they aren't doing a good job of keeping quiet while I'm sleeping. Being woken up after a few hours of sleep can make someone be a complete grouch. RIght now I feel like I'm in a fog. I worked the last 2 nights in a row which is technically working where the day rolls over so that's confusing too when you go to chart. Ahhh...it's all kind of nutty right now. Hopefully I can think of a more clever post when my mind is back in synch with my body. Until then...

Oh yea....the other night...1st pt attacks the nurse I'm with. Just another night in paradise.

0 comments: