February 19, 2007

Is It Summertime Yet?

I feel so incredibly guilty right now. I have had all weekend to work on my notes and studying for my upcoming test on Friday and I've done very little of it. That's really not like me, but I just am so burned out and I wanted to spend some quality time with my boys. Is that so bad? I'm feeling the pressure now. I have today and tomorrow off and don't go back to class until Wednesday so I should have had all of this done already. Sigh. Ugh. I hate guilt and I hate deadlines. I have about 9 1/2 weeks left of this semester. That doesn't sound long, but it is. We have 3 more clinicals on the med-surg unit, then we get 2 weeks off (one of those weeks is spring break..WOOT!)then we have 4 clinicals at a psych facility. The psych facility is about an hour away which means I'll have to get up at 4am and leave by 5:30 in the morning.....Lordy. I hope I don't oversleep. I've never been late to class or clinical but my biggest fear is oversleeping and don't think I haven't pulled an all nighter before cramming for a test afraid I'd sleep through it. Don't do it, I felt like a zombie the next day. Once this semester is over I'll have the summer off, (Thank you Jesus) aside from one humanities class (hopefully art) and that's no big deal. Anything is cake compared to nursing. I am sooooooooooooooo looking forward to the summer break. I CANNOT wait!!! Really. Seriously. I'm really seriously serious. I'm counting down the weeks, days, hours and minutes. So where I stand now I have a little over 2 months, 9 1/2 weeks , that's about 66 days, 1584 hours and 95,040 seconds left. Shew! You think I can do this? I've done it everytime before, but this semester takes the cake. I hope you all are doing a lot better than I am, because as of right now I'm hating nursing school. I have to force myself to go everyday....not a good sign. I keep telling myself that if I can make it to the end I'll have the summer off....if I can just make it.... I guess in order to do that I need to get my lazy butt off my blog and study huh? Drats. I hate responsability. LOL

OOhhhh... oooh...guess what else I have to look forward to this summer? Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows is being releases 7-21-07 and I'm soooo excited...and sad at the same time!!! I don't want it to end. It's the final installment of the Harry Potter series...year 7. First of all, let me explain myself. I know I am a dork and all, but this is the best series of books I have ever read in my entire life and I'm not ashamed to admit that. One day while browsing through my sons book collection I saw the first of the series....The Sorcerers Stone. I took it with me outside to have some fluff to read while I tanned. I layed there so long I forgot I was in the sun and I got burned, that is how mesmerized I was from the first page. Fluff it ain't...it's a spectacular, beautiful, fun, intriguing, mystery masterpiece. I have read every single book within the first month of reading the first. And have read a few more than once. I RARELY EVER do that. I couldn't get enough and wanted to know what would happen to our Harry. This woman....JK Rowling had the last book planned when she wrote the first book. She has mapped out this adventure so meticulously it has left all of the millions and gazilliosn of readers searching for clues, hints, and theories for years. She never makes anything obvious. In fact, it's the opposite. She's so subtle with her clues that you think nothing of them..until later. She's a genuis and I don't throw that word around lightly. This book is not for children alone. Frankly, I don't know if children under the age of 13 should even read them, because they're kinda dark and twisty, as Merideth would say. Plus, there are so many twists, turns etc I'm not sure a child would get the full effect. Have I sold these books to you yet? LOL Anyway, there is so many loose ends to tie up in the last book I can't wait to see how she did it and I can't wait to start the whole series again. I hope it's the best one she's ever written. They're timeless. Ok...so enough about Harry Potter. I must get to work and not leave the books until midnight. Have a great day!

0 comments: