July 21, 2007

Potty Party


My disgruntled husband and I stood in line last night for an hour and a half and finally I got my hot little hands on the most anticipated book, probably in history. There were people dressed up in all kinds of costumes, young and old. I saw The Fat Lady, Harry of course, Hermione, Moaning Myrtle and Chewbacca. Yes, Chewbacca. Funny, I don't remember his cameo in the books... He was eventually kicked out because of a saber fight with Vader, yeah he was there too. Guess he and Harry are tight. The people with the "Muggle Crew" t-shirts on kept the boxes under tight security, sealed until midnight as told. When the cart carrying the boxes made it's slow way to the front, the crowd cheered. Some people jumped up and down, some screamed, some just stared, like me. I guess you have to be a die hard fan to understand the feeling of seeing those boxes. It's really something. I finally made it to the front of the line, handed the cashier my ticket, and waited with bated breath while she uncerimoniously plopped my book in a bag and sent my on my way with a "NEXT!".

I have only read the first sentence, Snape is having a conversation....I'm scared to read on. I don't want it to be over, as crazy as that sounds. I'm also afraid to read any website pertaining to the book for fear of spoilers. So, until it's complete, I will not venture into any site pertaining to HP. I'm sure all I will be doing for the next few days is reading this book, so have a great weekend everyone...I know I will. :o)

0 comments: