November 1, 2007

Updates!





So, yesterday was my final and today was my last day of clinical. It's all so surreal. I'll be glad when this sets in and I actually believe it. So far it's hard to believe because I'm still so busy with school related stuff. Today at clinical I had to present my last bib cards. I'm so glad I don't have to do those anymore! I have a paper that is due on Monday and the 13th and 14th we have to do a community project that our class had to organize and run for the whole school. If it weren't for all of the "extra" crap it wouldn't be so busy.

We got our photos the other day. I never thought I would live to see the day that I'm wearing that hat. They have every nurse that graduated on the wall of the school and it dates back to the 50's. It's cool to know I'm among them. It's a very hard earned program and I'm proud I've made it through. Especially with all that has gone on in my family. Notice in the group photo above I (far right) and the girl next to me look like we were photoshopped in the picture. When they took this there was construction going on behind us and I thik I had a big crane sticking out of my head. LOL Anyway...if you look closely, you'll see that our hair, especially mine, are the only ones that look "wind blown". Too funny!

Tomorrow I start precepting, which is basically a "clinical", except our teachers aren't there. I'm so tired I'm actually dreading going tomorrow. Ugh. We filled out our applications for our NCLEX the other day and it seemed like things really started getting scary. I can't believe how close I am to becoming an RN. After these 120 hours of precepting (which ends in Nov), we are finished with everything until graduation. THEN...we get a job and do 120 hours as a registered nurse applicant. Once we complete those hours we can sit for our boards. So it will be late January, early February before I can take the exam.

I have 3 job interviews on Monday and I'm nervous. They are back to back...how scary is that! There is one I really hope I get, so keep yor fingers crossed for me!

Aidan is doing great. I haven't posted in forever, but have tried to update on his website. He is mostly on oral meds right now and is getting a little respite from the clinic for a few weeks. Like I said before, he's cancer free and the chemo is to keep it from coming back. I'm so sad right now because even though I am close to graduation, it doesn't mean anything if I can't see my family. I miss them...I feel like all I do is school-clinical. Sigh. I just want to be home with him and enjoy our time together....it depresses me. I hope once I start working as a real nurse I will have more free time because this is crap and isn't worth me not getting to spend time with my kids. Anyway.... I told my husband I may just stay home with Aidan and he laughed and told me I'd better get a job after all of this stress. I guess I can't blame him. Ha ha.

Have a nice weekend!

3 comments:

PJ said...

I just found your blog yesterday and really love it! I found out last week that I am accepted into this springs RN program at the community college. I am now PANICKING! I am 33, married, and have 2 little boys. I felt much better after reading the post about your reaction when you got accepted. I wanted to be admitted so bad- now that I'm in I have so many self doubts! Luckily I've completed all my pre-req's so hopefully this will help a little!?!

Christy said...

PJ...If I can do it, ANYONE can. I have 4 boys and one of them has serious health issues and I managed to do it. As far as you already having your pre-req's completed...you'll be glad for that later. I took Micro with 3rd semester and it was near torture, but like I said...everything is doable if you put your mind to it. What community college are you accepted to? If it's the same as mine, I can give you some pointers and hints. (wink). Anyhow, believe in yourself and if it's what you want...don't give up!
Christy :-)

Robert said...

Hellooooooo nurse!!