March 1, 2007

Stabbings and American Idol

Clincal: One of my pt's... drunk and having sex with his girlfriend, caught by wife. Wife sees red, stabs him multiple times. Slices throat, punctures lung, slices fingers. Cut up all over. The man looked like he was in a fight with with some Kung Foo style shiz. Man survies, confused, alcoholic, depressed (what else?). Detox protocol, librium, ativan and the like. Prn meds-Beer. No joke, the man had beer as a prn medication (as needed). Beer + hospital= huh? Man decribes horror as I help him amublate down the hall. Honest, horror. Poor man. Wife...in jail, probably for a very, very long time. Domestic violence, infidelity, foolhardiness=lives ruined. Don't try this at home.

On to something not so depressing...Well, as we all know it's American Idol Time. That's right...I don't know about you, but American Idol is the highlight of my Tuesday and Wednesday nights. I've been watching this season from the beginning, as I always have, and I have to say...no one other than Miss Doolittle, Keisha Jones and beat box Blake have really caught my attention. Don't get me wrong there are some good singers, but where is that WOW factor we usually have? I mean I remember the first time I heard Bo Bice I was like...Oh hell Yes! The first time I heard Carrie Underwood I was blown away. Will we ever hear another voice like that on American Idol again? They are naturals, performers and people with voices that stand out above the crowd. I hope this season turns out some real talent. First of all...Sanjaya Malakar, and no I didn't google that, I'm just a great speller..., what's the deal with him? Sorry but the guy...not so good and he looks like a really tan Farrah Fawcet. I'm sure he's a nice kid, but where's the talent? I'm waiting..... American Idol is the ultimate talent show of our time. It's not just a sensation, but proves that you can be serving burgers one minute and be a grammy winner the next. Let's look at the statistics as best as my memory allows... Kelly Clarkson...grammy award winner (maybe 2 times, but more than you and I and who else can say they have a grammy?), how many number one hits has she had? I don't know, but I know it's a lot. Even that Kimberly Caldwell has a show on the TV Guide channel. Sure, we can only see half of her face sometimes, but atleast her forehead is getting some air time. Ruben Studdard, not a huge album seller, but popular in the R&B genre nonetheless. Clay Aiken, not even a winner of AI and he's sold more albums than...lots of people I'm sure. Probably more than ODB anyway. That's Old Dirty Bastard for the old folk. You have to admit....the Claymates represent! Loyalty. Fantasia Barino...winner, had a biopic on Lifetime of her life and now she starring in Broadway's hit The Color Purple on BROADWAY! Not to mention she was on Oprah yesterday pimpin' herself. She even said... "I might be poor and I might be ugly, but I'm here." Yes she did. Yes, she was on Oprah, the O Holy wisdom of goodness and light. At least for me anyway. LUV her! Anyway...Oprah...That's huge! Moving on....Carrie Underwood...need I say more? She's been on Oprah too. The chick beat out Faith Hill for a CMA award, we all remember that little scandal. Her voice is an instrument...beautiful. Bo Bice, made a nice CD, although I think he got ripped by the music biz and coerced into a pop album...so not him. The 3 songs on his album that are really good are the ones he wrote himself. He's been sick, I hope he gets better....bowel troubles. I think it perforated, twisted over eachother etc... It was really serious for a while there. I was the biggest Bo Bice fan around. I really think his voice is incredible, beautiful, soulful....yum. I had tickets to see him in my hometown and he cancelled. I was bummed, I have a major big crush on him. Yes I know I'm a grown woman! LOL Jennifer Hudson...I loved her from the beginning. I'm not hopping on any bandwagon either, I pointed her out the 1st week. Her voice is a powerhouse and she gives me the chills everytime she sings. Anyhow she won the Academy Award! That's ...unbelievable. Also been on Oprah, even bigger. I'm starting to see a trend here. Chris Daughtry...album is at #3 on the charts...poor Taylor, he's #137. Oh well. MY POINT...AI turns out some major players and those people on there now just aren't proving that they're in the game yet, save a couple. Guess we'll wait and see. I hope Antonella Barba and Sanjaya goes home...this isn't a beauty contest, it's a singing contest and they can take their pretty selves and go. There you have it, my thoughts, as jumbled as they may be.

Peace...
Posting some tributes:




3 comments:

Unknown said...

What about Chris Sligh? What a goober but a great voice and did you see he is married to a real hot chick. Who would have thunk it. I have yet to see the girls sing. Clinical is on Weds nights and I refuse to tape it until it is down to the final ten. BTW - thank god Meredith is alive :)

Christy said...

Oh yea..I like Chris too! I was super surprised that his wife was so pretty. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Robert said...

Holy crap! SLice and dice!!