April 1, 2009

Ain't No Sunshine

American Idol was good last night. Anoop, Megan and Micheal all need to go. Anoop has a nice voice, but I don't really want to see someone sing Usher's 'Caught Up' on AI. Ugh! Scott was actually good last night, but let's face it, the kid is NO American Idol, not compared to the competition. Oh, I almost forgot about Lil Rounds, that is how invisible she is.

Of course Danny was really good, but was it just me or did that arrangement confuse others too? It was distracting. Also, I thought he yelled the song a lot. Little Allison is a powerhouse, even though she did look like an emo queen, Adam sang the hell out of Play That Funky Music (I can't believe he chose that song, but he rocked it). I use to like Matt Giraud, however, I agree with the judges, he needs to stick to a style...he's a bi-polar calamity...from Ray Charles to The Fray??? Who the heck are ya Matt?

My favorite of the night......drum roll...... Kris Allen! Wow, he was awesome and I think this was my favorite performance so far this season!!! I knew I loved him, but he always slid under the radar for some reason. Of course, next to Danny's velvety soul-ridden voice and Adam's flamboyant high notes, anyone could get lost. Kris is my favorite type of artist, a little folksy, artistic, Mraz-ish and this week he PROVED just how creative and talented he really is. How he changed up that song was genius. I would buy it if it were a single. I was totally vibing with that song. When the band reached that crescendo I could feel the song rising and Kris TURNED IT OUT! Sing it boy! I loved the incorporation of the strings with the rock and blues jam of the song. I think it's the first time I ever really noticed Ricky Minor and the band. They were awesome!

I can't believe how many really good singers, musicians and performers there are this year. The competition is definitely heating up! Watch Kris's amazing performance HERE!

1 comments:

Aimee said...

You can buy it on iTunes. :)

He was great. Best one of the night.