April 7, 2009

Hanging With the Little People

There was a neuro surgeon in one of my "welcome to new hospital" classes today. (Yes, I'm still doing that malarkey). We had to go around the room and tell about ourselves, which is my most favorite part of orientation, might I add. (Eye roll). It went a little something like this...

"My name is Jane and I'll be in housekeeping."

"Hello, my name is John Doe and I'll be working in medical records."

"Hi, I'm Dave and will be a patient care technician in TCU."

"Hello, my name is Christy, I'm an RN and will be in the Neuro, Ortho and Med-Surg rotation."

"Hi I'm Young and Cocky NEURO SURGEON who went to pre-med at Prestigious University, med-school at More Prestigious University and residency at Even Better/Big City University Hopital (and you will all bow down and kiss my feet which walk on water)."

(Crickets)

I felt sorry for all who followed that one.

0 comments: