April 20, 2009

It's BaaAaAaaack!

My throid is giving me hell again. I'm not sure why this comes and goes, but it does. I'd had my levels checked previously and they were normal, but from what I've read, you can have a malfunctioning thyroid and the levels can still show 'normal'. Fabulous. I know for a fact that is what it is, because it runs rampant in my family and all the odd sensations are in that portion of my neck. It's so difficult to describe. I'll explain how it makes me feel as best as I can. You know when something scares you the old term 'you felt your heart jump in your throat'? That's the feeling. It's a constant adrenaline rush feeling, but my body doesn't have the engery to go anywhere. I'm tachy, having hot flashes, clammy, have insomnia and feel as though I could spin in circles until my heart just up and explodes. Ain't it wonderful? :/


It's making me crazy. I hope I don't end up like the Beales living amongst the raccoons and cats.


S&S: (This is so me!)

Palpitations
Heat intolerance
Nervousness
Insomnia
Breathlessness
Increased bowel movements
Light or absent menstrual periods
Fatigue
Fast heart rate
Trembling hands
Weight loss
Muscle weakness
Warm moist skin
Hair loss
Staring gaze (except this one...I don't stare. My momma said it was rude.)

1 comments:

L&D said...

Sounds like hyperthyroidism to me. And perhaps even Graves Disease. My husband was diagnoses with graves years ago and nearly went into a thyroid storm (and could have died), so they had to irradicate his thyriod with radioactive iodine. Be careful with yourself!