January 17, 2007

1st day back

Yesterday was my 1st day back to school. The whole day seemed weird to me. The students were acting strange, the teachers didn't come across as very nice...it was just odd. I think the rest of the class were just as bummed about being back as I was. No one talked much and everyone acted grouchy. The teachers all knew our names and we never even told them. I think they have dociers on us and study them...seriously. The same thing happened last semester and I know they keep a picture of us on file because they took one 1st semester. We didn't do much really except get oriented to what we'd be doing this semester and we went over our care plans and what's expected of us at clinical. Today we had our clinical orientation. There are 7 of us in my group and they're all pretty cool, so hopefully this rotation won't be too bad. We are on a 40 bed, super busy medical/surgical unit of our hospital. The instructor seems a little scatter brained, but nice....so far. You never really know an instructor until you have clinical with them so we'll see. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Myself and another student had to leave early in the day to drive 30 miles back to school to attend our second class...medical microbioligy. The class is from 1-4 every Monday and Wednesday. I've heard it's the hardest of all the nursing pre-req's....can't wait! After this class I have one more pre-req to get and it's my humanties/elective class. I'll take it in the summer.....no biggie. If I could turn back time (Cher) I'd have finished them all before starting the nursing classes, but when I got the letter saying I was accepted I couldn't reject. For those of you who aren't in the program yet....finish your pre-req's first!!!
So far we've been given about 3 pieces of homework to complete and we have 2 quiz's next week in micro. This class is going to be really difficult. It's a lot of busy work that I don't have time for right now but I'll do my best and see what comes. Atleast I know I'm not alone and there are others in my class taking it as well. Isn't it awful that I'm glad I'm not alone? lol Misery loves company, or so they say. Our 1st nursing test is next Friday (lower GI and oncology), we haven't even had 1 hour of lecture yet....hopefully that's a good sign. Maybe there won't be much on the test. Yeah right! LOL Well..I must go get busy on my assignments. I've pledged to do everything the night it's assigned so I'm never behind. Good luck to everyone going down this road too!

Until next time...

0 comments: