January 20, 2007

It Is What It Is


I have done nothing but study and make notes all day and I'm not even near close to being finished. There just isn't enough time in the day...honestly. I wish I could hire a transcriptionist to take all of my notes, then I wouldn't have carpal tunnel syndrome. Ha! I don't like lower GI. Atleast that's something I can now mark off of my list. Feces and ulcers and fistulas...oh my! No thanks. I'm stressin' y'all. I know I say this in every post but I can't over come it. It is what it is and it's HARD!!! If I can get past this first test maybe then I'll know what to expect. Each instructor's tests are different and you never know their style. We have 3 instructors for each semester. Each one is an 'expert' in the field they are teaching and it's inspiring....intimidating but inspiring. Our oncology teacher passed out Live Strong bracelets to the class and made a $1 donation in all fo our names. Yes it's only one dollar, but that's a nice gesture and I appriciate it and her for doing it.


Now that we're juniors it is our job to have set up the 4th semesters/senior graduation and pinning ceremony. We have to compose video, raise funds for food and decide how the even will go etc....kinda. I'm not sure of our exact role, but it's something like that. It sounds like fun, but I don't know when we'll have the time. Oh well. For those of you who don't know what a pinning ceremony is...it's kind of like an initiation sort of honoring the lady with the lamp, Florence Nightengale the "pioneer of nursing". They take lamps and light them in her honor and recite a pledge in an intimate ceremony with only close family, friends and classmates. In most cases you get to decide who will pin you. Some people choose instructors and some people choose friends or family who helped them get through school. Either way, it's supposed to be a special moment. Sounds kinda cheesy? It is, but it's a tradition that dates back to more than 50 -60 something years. Click on the link to see an example. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzeqmqyLOXM The graduation ceremony is separate and for everyone. Cheesy or not, I think it will make me really proud to recite the pledge, it's an honor to be called a nurse and to follow in her footsteps. I think it will be weird for the guys though. LOL


I just cannot wait for graduation. I'll be more than ready. I don't care how hard the last/4th semester is. Atleast then I'll know it's the last of it. This semester is difficult because it's right before the "end" and you kow you still have so far to go. Oh well....let's pray I pass. That's all that matters to me right now.


Well, thanks for listening to me complain some more. That's what my blog is for....for me to vent it all out so I don't go postal on someone. Ha ha ha!

Peace.
p.s I enclosed a pic of some of my buds and I at our Wellness day function at school last year. We served the community by giving free BP screenings, cholesterol checks, flu shots, literature about certain diseases (diabetes, smoking (ours..how ironic), and on and on It was a fun day.


2 comments:

Prisca: said...

You guys look cute! I know what you mean about being tressed and junior year--this is my junior year an I am so freaked out about EVERYTHING! GL!

Oh, and love all the pics of McDreamy! ;)

Christy said...

Thank you. Junior year is stressful...very, but we can do it! Good luck to you too!