February 2, 2009

Where's the Spa?

So this is getting a lil ridiculous now. This makes one week without power and as I am sitting here, next to my gas stove at 6 am, I can see my neighbors behind me have their lights on. It's frustrating to say the least. I am typing this from my cell phone because I'm bored out of my skull and it's the only available light at the moment. So forgive me if there aren't such things as, ohhhh, paragraphs. Last night at the hotel was the first good night's sleep I have had since this mess began. We made a makeshift bunker between our living room and kitchen to keep the heat concentrated in one area. It's hard to get a good night's sleep on a love seat when there are 5 talking, restless people mulling about.

Oh look, I made a paragraph after all. I figured it out bt my little self. Anyway......so what's up? LOL I feel as though I have been removed from the world and have no sense of what's going on unless it's within my 4 walls. Ugh. I admit it....I'm missing my appliances. Does a computer count as an appliance? Well, I suppose these days it does. I miss doing laundry and I never thought I'd say that. I am missing my bed, however, just to set foot in my ice cold room has me thankful for my small, but semi-warm love seat that I've called home for 7 days.

I'm ready for things to get back to normal! I love my family, but I am sick of them and it's been boys against girls and I'm seriously outnumbered. Grrr. Example....at the hotel Sat. night I had the heat on and my husband turns it off and turns on the ac! Wtf? Did I get any sympathy that I have bee consistently cold for a week? No....I get a bunch of mumbles and grumbles and bitching and the boys teamed up on me, so I layed in bed shivering. And I am rightly sick of him too. It's not only the kids that are making me nuts....

Being married is hard work and I feel like I'm doing all the labor. And while I'm on a roll of venting about how miserable I currently am, let me say that I am sick of empty promises. If you say you are going to do something, do it. Don't just tell me things to get me where you want me, allrighty? Some people never change. Bottom line....I am not feeling very appreciated or taken seriously. I feel like I'm being taken for granted. Sigh.

Well, I don't have much else to say except I'm cold, all our food has spoiled, we are in the dark and I'm aggravated overall at this entire situation. I have tried to remain positve, but my patience is wearing thin. A nice looooong vacation to Hawaii is sounding really good right now........alone.

1 comments:

Robert said...

I'll come with you!!

I'd offer our spare bedroom, but I'm not sure you'd be up for the commute... :(