May 17, 2007

All good things must come to an end...

Tonight is the season finale of Grey's. (Insert sad face here). All of my favorite shows are coming to an end. Grey's, The sopranos and whatever else. Does anyone watch the Soprano's? Can you believe what Tony did to Chrissy? He held his nose shut and killed him. At first I thought it was a mercy killing because he was spitting up blood from the car wreck and he knew he may die anyway, then I thought....he wanted to kill him! He said he felt 'relieved'. Tony is paranoid as hell, but I guess he has every reason to be. Everyone could be a rat at this point. Ruthless. Then Tony goes to Vegas and screws that girl and they do paoti or mushrooms or something and he ends up in the desert hallucinating and what not. It just pisses me off that he does all of this to Carmella, the lady that has always been there for him when he's down and can't care for himself. What a schmuck! At the same time, you still kind of like the guy. It's a love/hate relationship for the viewers. I think Tony is going to get busted and the season will end with him being in prison. I hope in the finale Carmella leaves his ass once and for all. That is if she doesn't get whacked first. It seems like everyone is fair game. Just look at what happened to Adrianna. That scene was so hard to watch. At first when she got in the car with Silvio and I don't think she knew he was going to kill her. Then when he started driving in the woods she knew and she started panicking. She was crawling on her hands and knees for goodness sake when he shot her. Bejeezus.

I discovered a new show on the (no pun) Discovery channel that I absolutly love. It's called Deadliest Catch and it's about these fleets of crab fisherman who brave the Bering Sea in Alaska during crab season. Aside from being in the military right now, it's the deadliest, most shitty job on the planet. I will forever eat my crab with much more care and gratitude after watching this show, because you get to see first hand just how dangerous it is to catch the crab. I had no idea. These men are gone for sometimes weeks at a time in the icy cold and deadly sea braving the worst weather and waves imaginable. Many men have died while out to sea, which I guess is why they chose to make a movie about it. Remember The Perfect Storm? But, I think they were fishing for swordfish, I dunno. They say you only last a couple of minutes in the sea before you die, so time is of the essence if a man goes overboard. Anyway, it's fascinating and watching them get blasted time after time makes you curl up under your warm blanket and thank the good Lord you're able to watch and not be a part of it. I guess the appeal to them is the money. The deckhands usually walk away with on average $30,000 a piece for hours to weeks work. Many of the fleets are family run and fishing has been in the family for decades. I guess that's all they know. You get to know these men and wish for them a big catch and that they stay safe. You should watch, it's a good show. Ok, there's my plug. Ha!

I'll post again after I watch tonight's Grey's. It had better be good damnit! It's going to stink having to wait months before the new season starts again. I hate endings...

0 comments: