May 9, 2007

How Long Have I Waited For This Day?


It's officially summer break! I'm so excited I can barely contain my joy, but I'm too tired to display it, so I'm smiling and dancing on the inside for now. :-) I took my last (micro) final today and I did ok. I made a low B, and I'm pretty certain I got a B for the class. It was a hard fought fight, but I won and I'm proud. Tomorrow I will be starting the cleaning process and when I say process, I mean PROCESS. One room at a time. There is so much to do I'm overwhelmed, but what can you do but jump in with both feet? Which is what I'll have to do in regards to my laundry pile. Hopefully my family can dig me out of the rubble if I get trapped. I can just see it now.... Woman killed by suffocation....by her enormous laundry pile. News at 11. That would be a shitty way to go eh?

I think I'm going to buy this: http://www.cafepress.com/buy/nursing/-/pv_design_details/pg_1/id_17980817/opt_/fpt_/c_360/ not only because it's funny, but it's oh so true. Ha!

So....what am I going to do with all of this newly earned freedom of 14 and a half weeks? Perhaps I'll read some good books (any ideas?), lay in the pool, actually cook dinner, instead of ordering take out. Wow, those normal people don't know how good they have it. I already feel awkward (sp?), as if I have some kind of purusing to do. BUT...I don't weEeeeeeEeeeeeeeeEe! I think the transition from actually working as a nurse from being a student will be odd, but refreshing. No studying every night, no demands on my time....what a sweet life. I considered taking an externship position this summer but thought better of it. This is my last summer break and I really need it to re-energize myself and get back to the basics. I'll have the rest of my life to work, so why jump the gun? Of course I could use the experience, but right now my family is what matters most and I want to connect with them again. We've all been so busy we have barely managed to utter something besides..." Are you taking the twins to ball practice?" "I'll be home by 6, ...or 10." "Pizza again?" " Is this Monday or Wednesday?" "I can't, I have to study." and "Goodnight, guess I'll see you tomorrow night before bed." I'm ready for the change of pace....you have no idea how ready. I feel as though these last couple of weeks I've been running on fumes. I'm so full of information I'm surprised I don't have crap leaking out of my ears. That was a bad joke, but it's how I feel.

Damn, I complain a lot huh? I'm going to try and limit the amount of time I talk about nursing school this summer, just to keep my BP in check. But, because that's all we eat, sleep and breathe, I'm sure I won't go a post without mentioning it, as much as I'd like to run from the subject as fast as possible. For those of you who are still in it and going strong...God bless you and keep your chin up. Work hard and play hard.


Peace and love....


0 comments: