May 3, 2007

The blog will be updated soon, I haven't had time to work on it. I want to change it because I was tired of the old template. So, that's why it looks so crappy right now.

Well, I had a minute to update so I thought I'd take the opportunity. This week has been so hectic. Monday I had my micro lecture test and I got an 80% (Which is a B becuse it isn't a nursing course yee haw!)....I didn't care, I just studied enough to pass. Ha! Tuesday I studied with a friend from 9am-7pm for our second psych nursing test and Wednesday I took that and got a 91%. WOOT! Today at 10am I took my micro lab test and I'm not sure yet how I did, I think I did ok. I am so sleep deprived it's not even funny. I've been going to bed at midnight and getting up at 5am to study. Sigh..... So tonight my goal is to get everything ready for my nursing final, which is Monday (EEK!) and studying for that all weekend. Wednesday is my micro final and then.........................FINISHED!!! Thank you for the well wishes I've gotten, I hope you all are getting through it as well. We've gotta stick together and keep encouraging eachother to make it. I figured up my grade for nursing and as of right now I have a 91% average. I'm sure I'll end up with a B and that is totally fine with me, but I don't want to go from a B to a C because I did poorly on the final, so I'm going to do my best to pass. There are 100 questions on the final exam and I can miss 69 and still pass the class. I love that. lol BUT, I hope I don't miss that many.

Some sad news, my friend Tonya and my other friend/classmate Stuart had to withdraw yesterday along with another girl. They had no choice, they knew that even if they got a 100% on the final they still wouldn't pass the class. I felt sick the second I heard. I would hate to re-do 3rd semester again. Ugh, Ugh, Ugh! To get all the way to the end and find out you aren't going to pass.... Tonya worked so hard, I guess it just wasn't her semester. We have lost so many along the way, our class is slowly dwindling. They said that they weeded out a lot in 3rd semester, I guess they were right. But as I said in a previous post, they're not pullin' my weeds, and they didn't. :-)

So far I don't know much about 4th semester except it's extremely hectic. I do know that OB and peds, so I'm excited. We've completly completed Med-Surg! WOO hOO ! I was told by a 4th semester student that in the first 2 weeks of class we have 13 skills, but they're not bad. 13! I don't know about you, but that sounds kinda bad to me. I also know that the first half of the semester we complete 120 hours of OB/Peds clinicals and the second half we get to choose our own preceptor/nurse (if we know one) and we work under them all day and they evaluate us....this is also 120 hours. One of my best school friend's mother-in-law (make sense?) said she'd precept me so I'm excited. She works on the Women's unit and I've done a clinical there before so I feel comfortable there. It's a small 14 bed unit, so it's a good unit to learn under a nurse on. Other than that, that's all I know. Oh, they told us to come with skates on...I'm assuming we'll be pretty busy.

Well, I'm going to try and work on this blog since I have a little extra time right now. Hope everyone is doing well in school and is taking care of themselves.
Until next time...

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Doing great on those finals! The new look is good except it is hard to read the white text on the pink background. Keep up the good work!