March 6, 2009

Here I go again...

I wrote a my review of The Wrestler this morning, but it keeps nagging at me that it doesn't even touch how I felt about the movie. Grrr. Forgive me for my word vomit, but that movie was SPECTACULAR. I cannot even describe how honest it was and how it made me feel. It's been on my mind all day. I have said this about other movies, how they stick with you, but this one is different. I don't think I realized how great it was until it was over and it resonated in my mind. Wow. I just sat there and thought about it for a long while. I am really moved and blown away. The director is a genius. I'm so touched by Randy's life, his vulnerability and his humaness. The sights, sounds, music, direction, camera angles...I love it all. And Bruce Springsteen sealing the end with that beautiful song....priceless. It's like having one last sumptuous bite before you're too full. Prepare with tissues.

I've seen Milk, it was a good movie, the message is great, story is great, however... Mickey Rourke should have won that Oscar. Sean Penn is a great actor, but this performance from Mickey was a once in a lifetime performance, ya know? Now having seen it, I'm really feeling bad for the guy. He put his whole heart in that role and bared his soul for all of us, it is really something special. How he did not win, I don't know.

Ok, I guess I've said my piece, although it doesn't seem like enough and I'm not really sure why I care so much, but I just really love it I guess.

0 comments: