March 11, 2009

Home Sweet Home

I went to have lunch with Aidan today at school and it was nice. He's so stinking cute scooting his tray down the line and making sure to place his napkin under his milk. He he. My little boy is just growing up too fast. :( I would go have lunch with my other boys but then that would just be way to "embarassing" so I don't. My older boys are weird at times. They don't often allow me to take their picture and when they do they get all weird about it. So yes, I do have 3 other children and they're all alive...I promise!

After lunch we had a parent-teacher conference about whether or not Aidan will move onto first grade. I'm pretty torn about this. He has missed a lot of school but his teacher's concerns aren't with his academics as much as it is with his lack of confidence, she says. I know that he isn't his most vibrant self in class, at home he's a little jabber jaws, but I suppopse all kids are like that at times. I wonder what the right thing to do is and am not sure what to do at the moment. I hate to have him repeat because of his age. He will be 7 next January and would still be in kindergarten. Plus, academically he's doing well and not having many problems. Her reasons seemed a little funny to me. Yes, he does need more confidence, but he's just not a loud kid who is all over other kids wrestling or whatever small kids do. He's an observer and very smart. I'd hate to hold him back. We have some decisions to make.

Onto other news...I've been painting and doing some redecorating at home. I moved here exactly two weeks before I started nursing school and during those 2 years I did nothing to the house. I'm making up for lost time. :) Here are some photos.


Kitchen Before:





After:








Living Room Before:







Living Room After:






Bedroom Before:



After:

7 comments:

Order & Chaos said...

Just wanted to let you know I'm nominating you for a sisterhood award.

Christy said...

If a sisterhood award means you and I are a lot alike I'll take it!!!! We are so similar. :)

Azmomo2andcounting said...

Gorgeous! I love the colors!

Christy said...

Thank you! It's the first time I ever really used color. So far I'm liking it. I'm trying to use colors that go well together because everything is kind of open. It's a work in progress.

Unknown said...

Those ARE beautiful colors! And I'm curious.....do you mind sharing the names of the colors? I am going to be doing some painting soon. = )

Fabulous job on your remodeling!

Melanie

Christy said...

Hi Melanie and thank you for the compliments. I cannot remember the exact names of the colors, but the dining room was painted in an olive green, bedroom a milk chocolate brown, family room is a very light tan/cream, and the kitchen is a burnt teracotta color. I love them because they all compliment eachother and they are all the colors that were in my sofas, which was my palette. :) Good luck painting!

Unknown said...

Thanks! Love your blog!

Melanie