March 10, 2009

Ka-Ching!

So today started the flurry of new hospital orientation. Wow...I was bored out of my mind. I must have ADD because by noon I was so restless that people probably thought I had ants in my pants. The only thing that kept me from springing from my seat was that everytime the clock struck on the hour I heard "KA-CHING" in my ears. So, I guess it's not too bad to sit and listen to people ramble on and on and on and get paid for it. It was the easiest money I've ever made.

Friday I begin 'new nurse' orientation and even though I don't want to sit through that either, atleast it's a sugbject I'm interested in. Ha. Except the universal things (lifting, medication rights, etc) that I just oriented on not very long ago. Sigh. Ah well.

So far, I have a good impression of the hospital. The hospital is large and has 2 campuses. The one I will be working at is only a few years old and I'm excited to see the units and how they differ from the older hospitals. I remember at my 'old' hospital that sometimes we actually had to move the patient's bed, while they were in it, to allow wheelchair access to the bathroom. Now, forgive me if I'm wrong, but who was the genius who would put walls with ANGLES in a damn hospital room? Ridiculousness.



Anywho, this blog is boring. Yawn. Sorry for putting you all to sleep. OH and although I seem like I am complaining (I am), I'm really excited at the same time. I just want to get to the good stuff...I miss my patients. :(

1 comments:

Robert said...

Big fun!!!